Saturday, September 12, 2015

Zucchini What??


   So, if you've done any searching on Pinterest lately you'll see it's inundated with zucchini recipes! I found one this week that was really intriguing, zucchini brownies. A veggie in a brownie, what?!? Just the sheer irony of it made me want to try it. Since Saturdays now meaning college football (Gig 'Em), I decided this was the perfect day to experiment with this recipe. And guess what--- they are DELICIOUS!! 


My husband, a professional brownie critic, tried one and loved it. He was quite sure there was no way it could have been made with a vegetable! 

This picture doesn't do it justice but you seriously need to make these for your next football watching party-find the recipe here:zucchini brownies

I'm not a huge frosting fan but this was a perfect match for the consistency and taste of these brownies! I made mine a little thicker by adding a bit more powdered sugar. Also the recipe says you can add between 1-5 tbsp of water if needed, I only needed to add 1.

-OK back to meal planning-

Week 3
I tried to include more recipe links this week! Hope this helps!





This is one of my favorite breakfast bars, maybe because it goes perfectly with a cup of coffee! I also love it because it makes a huge batch. This time I split the recipe and put half of it in the freezer so we can eat it next week. 



I reallllly don't like onions so I didn't put them in this salad. I also chose to  use a Greek Vinaigrette instead of the suggested dressing since I already had some!






Dinners:
I actually only had to prepare 4 dinners this week because we still had freezer meals left over from last week we haven't eaten yet!




This dinner (pictured above) was one of my favorites! It's SuPEr yummy and very filling! 

Thanks for stopping by and happy planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment